Friday, April 22, 2011

Science Fair

Waiting for it to turn back into a rainbow.

Testing acidity.

Lego Robotics

Ewww.  I did not know the snake lifted his head like that until now.

He loved the turtles.  Can you tell? :)

And great fun with Flubber!

So proud of this huge bubble.  He worked hard at it.
Carson and I attended his school's science fair last night and it was a big hit!  When I was teaching, I started the science fair at my school due to inspiration from the school Carson now attends.  (Yes, Brian and I attended an elementary school science fair before we had kids.  To be fair, I was a teacher and made him go with me.)  This school puts on quite a nice fair to say the least.  The gym was full of the students' displays and a few experiment stations on pH.  Classrooms were filled with displays from the community.  There were rocks to take home from the Rice Rock Museum, dentistry tools were out for kids to play with, reptiles large and small to squeal at (that was me), a Lego robotics team and cool demonstration from a neighbor district's middle school, flubber/goop (where we hung out for an hour during my volunteer shift), and even a mini planetarium set up in the cafeteria!

No comments: